This is the privacy notice of VitalaYoga. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to VitalaYoga.
- This is a
notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record
about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any
information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It
covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and
information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice,
“process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on
- We regret
that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy,
your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
- We take
seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We
understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that
their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them,
and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy
complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required
by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law
requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in
regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this
now, by requesting that you read the information provided at
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine
under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your
personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your
personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately
stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required
by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under
which we have determined that we can continue to process your
Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
- When you
create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or
otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed
between you and us.
- In order
to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the
information you give us. Some of this information may be personal
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
- We process
this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that
you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal
we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to
provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with
respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this
purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
- We shall
continue to process this information until the contract between us ends
or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information we process with your consent
certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship
between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you
more information about our business, including [job opportunities and]
our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process
information that may be personal information.
possible, we aim to obtain your explicit consent to process this
you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a
message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific
purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify
you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to
provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a
particular page on our website.
- If you
have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time
pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we
consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw
your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer
- You may
withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us
firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you do so, you may not be able to
use our website or our services further.
Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
- We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of VitalaYoga
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage VitalaYoga's risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
Information we process because we have a legal obligation
- We are
subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your
information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if
they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a
search warrant or court order.
- This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
website allows you to post information with a view to that information
being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- posting a message / comment to our forum or blog
- tagging an image
- clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks
- In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
- We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared.
- We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
- Once your
information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any
individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for
their actions at any time.
your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain
it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete
personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by
contacting us at email@example.com.
Complaints regarding content on our website
- We attempt to moderate user generated content, but we are not always able to do so as soon as that content is published.
- If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint.
- If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose
right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the
content that offends you.
- If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
Sending a message to our support team
- When you
contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we
collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the
information you need.
- We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our Business.
- We keep
personally identifiable information associated with your message, such
as your name and email address so as to be able to track our
communications with you to provide a high quality service.
- When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
- We use that information to resolve your complaint.
- If your
complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may
decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in
your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a
matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and
if we do, what that information is.
- We may
also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to
assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could
identify you or any other person.
are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by
your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information
gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on
another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised
experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the
website so that it can be improved.
- Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
- Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
servers, and by software operated by third parties whose services we
- When you
If you choose not to accept them, we shall not use them for your visit
except to record that you have not consented to their use for any other
- If you
settings, you will not be able to use all the functionality of our
- to track how you use our website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- to keep you signed in our site
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
- Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
- We record
information such as your geographical location, your Internet service
provider and your IP address. We also record information about the
software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of
computer or device and the screen resolution.
- We use
this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages
on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
combined with other information we know about you from previous visits,
the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you
are not signed in to our website.
Our use of re-marketing
involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website
in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products or
services when you visit some other website.
- We may use
a third party to provide us with re-marketing services from time to
see advertisements for our products and services on other websites.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
Information we obtain from third parties
we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except
as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly
made up from your personal information from third parties whose
services we use.
- No such information is personally identifiable to you.
Third party advertising on our website
parties may advertise on our website. In doing so, those parties, their
agents or other companies working for them may use technology that
automatically collects information about you when their advertisement is
displayed on our website.
- They may
the content of, and to measure the performance of their adverts.
- We do not
have control over these technologies or the data that these parties
obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information
practices of these third parties.
- To assist
in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies,
so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit
card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an
acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their
Data may be processed outside the European Union
- Our websites are hosted in Europe.
- We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.
- Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
- For example, some of the software our website uses may have been developed in the United States of America.
We use the following safeguards with respect to data transferred outside the European Union:
processor is within the same corporate group as our business or
organisation and abides by the same binding corporate rules regarding
- the data
protection clauses in our contracts with data processors include
transfer clauses written by or approved by a supervisory authority in
the European Union
- we comply with a code of conduct approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union
Access to your own information
Access to your personal information
- At any
time you may review or update personally identifiable information that
we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website.
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you
with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to
Removal of your information
- If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at email@example.com.
- This may limit the service we can provide to you.
Verification of your information
- When we
receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable
information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity
before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is
important to safeguard your information.
Use of site by children
- We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
- If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian
- We collect
data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age,
and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be
- Such child
users and visitors will inevitably visit other parts of the site and
will be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever they
Encryption of data sent between us
- We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so
using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in
your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
How you can complain
- If you are
should tell us by email. Our address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a
dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve
it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or
- If you are
in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information,
you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information
Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
Compliance with the law
country or legal jurisdiction in which we aim to do business. If you
think it fails to satisfy the law of your jurisdiction, we should like
to hear from you.
- However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
- We may
update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms
that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you
use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.